Tuesday, November 13, 2012

College Admission Essay

My life was a pre-destined miracle. After all the attempts to formulate a plan for me not enter the world, I emerged into this Earth victorious. No drugs, no abortion, and no hatred could keep me from the birth of my intended life.

“A star is born”
As I grew up, I began to get in touch with my inner artist, and it was not hard with my life story. “The bed I lay in will not always be a pool of despair.” was a line from a poem I wrote that really evoked a true feeling o f overcoming all my hardships. Fighting back, defending my right to succeed was the constant battle I had to fight with my family. They say “I will never amount to much”. They say “I will fall before graduation”. But I say “success is my virtue”.

“I conquer all!” I yell as the rope is released from that crazy bungee jumping ride at Six Flags. I began to plummet into the ground, but then it happened. I began to soar. I soared above all my trials, tribulations, fears, hardships, issues, barriers, doubters, mistakes, and failures. I just soared.  That little joy ride that cost me forty five dollars had the greatest impact on my life. Although minuscule to most people, it was an analogy to my life achievement. It left a lasting indent on my heart. Now I know. I succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment