Friday, November 30, 2012

Broken Families/ The Struggle

Broken Families

by:M. J. Joachim

Journey to the other side of childhood
Adults longing to be young
Replaying over and over again
Songs that were never sung

Broken dreams, shattered emotions
Life's blood shed on the tattered course
Shameless rantings - ravings battered
Anger and rage, but never true remorse

Alone, on the other side of dawn I watch
As history repeats crimes against each one
New generations silently suffer
Abandoned and turning to stone

Bruises aren't the cause of this
Nor fear of fighting back
Hopelessness and loss of love
Turns brilliant worlds quietly black

Visions stifled by broken hearts
Reflecting pain and sorrow
Learning from the lessons taught
Yesterday repeated or ignored tomorrow

Finding peace within the turmoil
Options few claim can be real
Choices made with so much purpose
Keeping newer hearts from turning to steel

This poems connotation reflects who I am as a person. It tells what I go through what I feel. I decided to present a sort of parrallel poem that I wrote to reflect this one.
 


The Struggle
by: LaDarria Arnold

As I lay here in a bed of my misery

I wonder how this came to be

Abortion they said or try to miscarry

As the option began to fade away

Adoption became the safe haven

But guilt came strolling in

Like an absent partner or late friend

“I have to try” the words uttered from her mouth

Like a heroine that people know and love

But heroin took over and I never heard those words again

Now laying here in a bed of my despair

I realize that my life has been a constant struggle

Pushing,

Knocking,

Kicking and Scratching my way through

Please oh please!

Are the words I proclaimed

For my right to be loved?

That’s the constant battle I fight everyday

This bed will not always be a bed of anguish

It will be a glimpse of hope

For a better tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment