Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Speaker Mark: The Documentarian Experience

The day I learned about documentaries from this man was the day I truly learned about documenting something or someone's life. I thought that it was simple as asking questions and getting answers, but I fully realized that it is about capturing someone or something all the way down and letting their voices or work be heard. I learned about students from South Dallas getting an once in a lifetime chance on going to another country. It was truly remarkable that this man captured all of that with one camera! It was also very informative about the way our flood system works underground. Who would've known that was right under Uptown? I realize it isn't just b-roll or close ups on the face it is about catching the little stuff that you weren't really supposed to see. It is about being invisible for the moment. That is why I really now see I love documentaries. The are the closest thing to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment