Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Four Years: Graduation


As the time for my graduation nears, I search for something similar to how I feel. Anxious, nervous, and nausea are all the feelings I am experiencing. I feel like a finally succeeded and I need to be sure that I make it to that day. The dropout rate may have decreased from about 25% in 2007 to 12% in 2011, but we still have that high amount and I personally understand how hard it is to actually make it to the end, especially without a strong support system.

The past four years have probably been the worst four years of my life and the most rewarding. "anything worth having ever comes easy." has been the life lesson I have followed and that is why I still try and make it. It has been a long journey and honestly I have not waited this long for something to be over ever in my life. I need it to finish, so I can be done with the storm. I am ready for the rainbow. Metaphorically of course.

Fourth Year

by: Nobody's girl
Four years have gone
And something's well done
It's not just the book
but the courage I took....
To have come this far
and winning the war
Of sleepless nights I battle
with my notes I patiently handle....
Through the rain and the sun
my school life's been fun
For the friends I made
half the weather is paid...
From the guards on the gate
and the bus drivers who wait
To the instructors who inspire
my grades got a little higher...
I'll come to acknowledge
for you all have given me advantage
To learn my lessons either ways
For both hard and easy pays...
I was neither disobedient
nor a student that obedient
But school life will be a miss
Along with people I used to tease...
Now I'll go and be on my own
Four long years I have grown
To be someone worthy of recognition
So now, it's time for my graduation.


Four Years
By: LaDarria Arnold

The years pass by slow
and many times
I have anticipated death
I wish those dangerous years
Have been a better time
But if they were
then what would I be proud of
The struggle to success
has been empowering
and I am glad
It has not been a breeze
because now I can honestly say
I am ready to take on the next journey
COLLEGE!

As the new chapter approaches, I feel the need to reflect on the years that I have overcome and conquered. It has been my goal since birth to make it this far and say"I did it". I'm almost there now.
This poem has been a reflection of my four years and why I am glad to have made it thus far. I plan on succeeding in college, but one never knows what the future holds. It is a quiet mystery I want to be apart of because once that peaks reaches I will be able to make another poem about the experiences to come. LaDarria Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment