Friday, March 8, 2013

Dead Man Down: the epic thriller

Just saw a promotional video at the Angelika Film Center and Cafe. The movie was Dead Man Down directed by Niels Arden Oplev. It was one of the most action packed thrillers I have ever seen. I have yet to see in the months I've been working at my theater or going to other theaters a movie as action packed as this one. Terrence Howard made me hate him. That's why I love him so much because he can make you feel utter disgust for him in one film and total love in another. He is probably one of the strongest black actors I have ever seen. Also the man who played the protagonist Colin Farrel was so calm throughout the whole film which added to the suspense because not until you get close to the end do you realize why he has waited so long to attempt to kill his enemy: Because he wants to see him suffer. Victor [Colin] wants to witness the agony of his victim. THAT WAS SOOOO FREAKING CLEVER!!!! I don't really enjoy thrillers too much because of the immense cliche's and gore, but Dead Man Down makes you feel for the the protagonist and the ingenue/hurt girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment