Friday, March 8, 2013

American Psycho: EPIC FILM


Christian Bale’s performance in the movie American Psycho directed by Mary Harron was an absurd film based off a whimsical dream a man was having because he was bored with his own life. It was very strange and uncomfortable to view what was going on in his mind. The murderous acts he committed to fellow coworkers and homeless people to the sexual acts he attempts with hookers off the street. Christian Bale really took on this role and made me see what he sees. It was scary when I realized it was all a dream only because now he could make it a reality.  The intense scenes were you could hear his inner thoughts were quite disturbing, but that was supposed to be the general feeling. The uncomfortable feeling is super strong in this film. I love that the director was a woman as well, because you could see that she really tried to take a new direction with the style of the movie. The fact that she achieved this feeling out of me makes her a true director because not once did I stop looking around or feeling awkward and not once did I think this was a horrible movie. It’s strange that that was evoked. I was uncomfortable, but I liked it. Also the scenes of routine from his exercising regime to his beauty routine were all contributing aspects to how he was: creepy. I didn’t enjoy watching it, but it was genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment